Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Opera iFrame File 'src' Sucks!

Ok, I really need to rant right now. I've been trying for two evenings to convince Opera that it should automatically download a Zip file when I change the iFrame's source. I have tried so many things you wouldn't believe it.

Php headers, Meta refreshes, location.reload()'s, but apparently Opera is not iFrame savvy. I have searched the Wubble-u all over for a solution to this problem, but have not found anything that works, so... I've submitted a couple of bug reports to Opera's development team to try and get this super-annoying behavior some development time.

In every other browser, this code starts a download:
<iframe src="archive.zip"></iframe>
I have a bad feeling that the behavior is some kind of security feature.

Bugs submitted: DSK-258356, DSK-258357

No comments:

Post a Comment